- Ultrasonic distance sensors from microsonic and Micro Detectors work on the basis of a runtime measurement of sound. The sound is emitted, reflected and processed after reception. They can be used in endless industrial applications due to the ultrasonic operating principle.Examples of applications for remote sensors with a switching output are detection of products on conveyor belts, full and/or empty notification of tanks, vibrating chutes or containers and remote monitoring on autonomous vehicles.Applications with analog output are level measurements in tanks and silos of both transparent liquids and bulk materials, monitoring the diameter of rolls of paper, film or steel or measuring a distance to an object.For every challenging application there is an appropriate ultrasonic sensor for making measurements. Herein, Sensor Partners supplies ultrasonic sensors with a ATEX certificate to use in an environment with explosion danger. Furthermore there are special chemical- and/or pressure resistant ultrasonic sensor for the food-processing industry where is worked with acids or harsh cleaning agents.
- The bks and bks+ orbit side control sensors from microsonic are available with a measuring range of 6, 12 or 40 mm and achieve a maximum resolution of 0.01 mm. The sensors are equipped with an analog output, 0-10 Vdc and 4-20 mA. The new bks+ series also supports the new industrial standard IO-Link and is equipped with a digital web-break output. The ultrasonic operating principle is ideal for controlling the path of paper, metal sheets, but also for transparent films.
- LinkControl is software for microsonic ultrasonic sensors. With the software, most microsonic sensors can be set-up and read out via the PC. The software is supplied in a suitcase with software, manual and connection accessories.
- The microsonic are specifically designed for fast and accurate recognition and detection of transparent labels or seams/seals of films. Because the sensors use ultrasound instead of light, they are insensitive to color or transparency. So that also makes the sensors insensitive to full-color printed stickers and materials with variegated patterns and prints. Available in fork sensors or separate transmitter/receiver.The esf- sensors can be configured for the detection of materials of different thickness.
- Ultrasonic sensors with separate transmitter and receiver are placed directly opposite of each other. In this setup, all shapes of objects can be detected with a switching frequency up to 500 Hz. The ultrasonic transmitter/receiver sensors are available in an M18 or a miniature cube housing. These sensors are ideally suited in applications where normal ultrasonic sensors are not fast enough and where optical sensors are not suitable due to the shape or transparency of the material that has to be detected. Think of applıcatıons such as detecting or counting bottles or plastic packaging on a conveyor belt.
Ultrasonic sensors from microsonic
microsonic is the market leader and expert in the field of ultrasonic sensors. That is why microsonic ultrasonic sensors are known for their high quality and reliability. Ultrasonic sensors are suitable for measuring, detecting, web edge control and double sheet and label detection. In addition, almost all of microsonic's sensors work with the convenient LinkControl software, which allows you to easily set up, parameterize and datalog the sensors in a clear display.
Since the founding of microsonic more than 25 years ago, Sensor Partners has been a distributor of the product range for the Benelux. The continuously growing product package proves the innovative power of microsonic. Here, the highest possible product quality is also a priority.
What can an ultrasonic sensor help me with?
Ultrasonic sensors measure based on (ultrasonic) sound. As a result, these sensors measure independently of color or shape. This makes liquids, transparent or small objects no problem for an ultrasonic sensor. A few concrete examples of applications of these sensors are: level measurements in the water and waste processing sector, track edge control of thin films in the packaging industry, but also web edge control in the food industry. Due to the wide range of microsonic ultrasonic sensors, there are many applications and industries where an ultrasonic sensor can be used.
Ultrasonic sensors from Micro Detectors
Micro Detectors is an Italian developer and manufacturer of a wide range of photoelectric sensors, ultrasonic sensors, proximity switches, etc. The technology, quality and performance of these sensors, resulting from a long tradition in this sector, is emphasized by a service level based on speed and flexibility. The M.D. sensors are known for how robust and durable they are, even in poor conditions.
The operation of an ultrasonic sensor
Ultrasonic sensors work by emitting and receiving sound. How does this work? What is the operation of an ultrasonic sensor? What is ultrasound? That is explained in this article. Read more in our knowledge base article on ultrasonic sensors.